Saturday 5 May 2012

24/04/1993

This my first blog post ever.

I should start by introducing myself. My name is William Killinngly as can be seen. I am interest in a number of things that overlap in the area of worldbuilding which is one of my hobbies and will hopefully will be the topic of this first blog series.

I intend for this series of blogposts to act as Sci-Fi Worldbuilding series titled the Second Fleet which will be inspired by realistic evpsych, transhumanism and realistic biological evolution in place of the usual failures of rubber forehead aliens in the style of Star Wars or Star Strek. This will act as the opposite of Larry Nivens known space which is biologically implausible but pays homage to the laws of physics.


Above: Human Aliens are far less realistic than faster than light travel.

My current plans are to have faster than light travel and set in a distant galaxy utterly out of touch with the rest of the universe to avoid treading on the toes of other science fiction. I will feature non-human aliens inspired by game theory and the "Deadly Probe Hypothesis" instead of other humans with funny foreheads. I will try to play with transhumanism while keeping humanity human so they can be relatable. And as a reaction to science fiction where everyone is white, no-one will be white.

I shall call this setting the "Second Fleet" and will be about the Second Fleet that arrives in isolated Galaxy visited only once before by a first fleet, only to find to the empty ruins built by the first fleet and other things living their.

For my next post I will attempt to construct a plausible human culture that continues to exist when transhumanist and virtual reality are widespread an easy and focus on what a human society with Science Fiction technology would actually looklike.

Hopefully someone will be interested in seeing how this turns out,
William Killingly

No comments:

Post a Comment